Friday, January 1, 2010

Not another New Year's Resolution


Someone told me that the only way to make sure that you actually do your New Year's Resolutions is to say the opposite of what you want. (Hi Sephanie!) Why? Because you always make these resolutions and then break them in the first month. So, if you say the opposite of what you want to achieve, you will have a much better chance of achieving it! Here it goes-

  • I will NOT pay better attention to my health this year. I'm NOT going to lose any weight, eat better, exercise more, or let myself rest when my body needs it.

  • I will NOT get better organized. I'm NOT going to clean out that mess of a closet, or go through my jewelry making supplies and reorganize so I can find what I need when I need it.

  • I will NOT stay in better touch with friends and family. I'm NOT going to make an effort to talk to people I love more often and reconnect with old friends.

  • I will NOT continue to learn new things, express my creativity, or grow my business. I'm NOT going to learn new metalworking techniques, get a sketchbook to catch more ideas before I forget them, and keep better business records. 

Nope not going to do it! ;)

    3 comments:

    Primary Work at Home said...

    Happy New Year! I wish you all the best.

    Split Rock Ranch said...

    Wow - let me know if this works! I told myself I'm NOT going to make any New Year's resolutions and yet I find myself mentally making a list of things I want to accomplish this year. I'm just going to think of it as goal setting, not resolutions! Happy New Year!

    Leah said...

    LOL! Good luck not doing any of that :)